advice for parents/guardians following
Your child has had a tooth/teeth extracted today. Please ensure that your child follows the instructions below.
- DO NOT touch or disturb the socket where the tooth was.
- DO NOT bite, suck, scratch or touch your lips, cheeks, tongue or any part of your face that feels numb or different.
- DO NOT run around or play sport.
- DO NOT smoke
- Avoid hot foods and drinks and choose soft foods to eat
- if you need to rinse, do so very gently.
- if there is a lot of bleeding, place a rolled piece of gauze (provided) over the socket and bite gently for 20 minutes.
- if your mouth is very sore Paracetamol or Ibuprofen can be taken. DO NOT exceed the recommended dosage. DO NOT take Asprin.
- if lying down use an extra pillow to prop the head up a little.
- After eating, rinse your mouth with a glass of lukewarm water containing a teaspoon of salt
- Gently brush your teeth and keep them clean
- If you need help, please contact us on Ph 07 4153 1286
If sutures (stitches) have been placed, these will dissolve and fall out by themselves.
IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR QUERIES PLEASE CONTACT THE SURGERY PH 07 4153 1286